Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blog06: Media Missionaries?

Woah. Continuing, are we? Let's do this:

Adverts are damn interesting things, aren't they?

29042008

See this? Blatant use of PSLE students to endorse a Singaporean imitation product. haha. Interestingly, I realize that the chinese guy on the right not only isn't Singaporean, but is - evidently - wearing pink lipstick. Yes, I would have bought the product, but I decided that I didn't want to wear his makeup one day. So I bought Essence of Chicken from another famous competitor. My cognitive dissonance? You be the judge.

29042008(001)

"If winning isn't everything, why do people keep score?" Extending the logic of soccer unto alcohol advertisement? Brilliant, deal. Look at all the awesome people on the right of the bottle. I want to be like them. Please - get me my jug now. Well, don't you enjoy winning? I wonder if people realize that the slogan seems to have no relationship with drink or drinking. How about "if drinking causes accidents, why do people keep killing each other?". Hmmm... Next!

29042008(002)

Yes - Murdoch University seeks to add Flexibility into the curriculum. Double your major, multiply your opportunity. Good add - but the image doesn't do much, does it? Maybe, they should get their Psych students onboard to its marketing team. Double your major, multiply your opportunity. Use your students - or don't you think they are relevant to the work place?

What do you think?

No comments: